first name: David
last name: Grohs (born Groß)
About my work:
Since 1994 I work intensely with 3D animation and modeling, as well as video editing and video/photo compositing.
I have a big interest in storytelling so I started with easy stop-motion-movies, then I made 3D animation and character-design.
2008 I worked as modeler and 3D-Artist for the company e.sigma Systems Ilmenau, Germany particularly suitable for a real time engine simulation. 2009 I studied Virtual Design at the Fachhochschule Kaiserslautern, Germany for one year.
Now I do complex photo-realistic scenes with light- and color-design.
Since that time I worked on some little comercial and non-comercial projects.
My focus is on compositing and animation.
The aim is to work as freelancer or employer on this work front. I'm also interested in non-comercial projects too.
In the last 20 years I mainly concerned with the following techniques and programs:
- character animation, design, modeling and rigging (Autodesk 3D Studio Max, Mudbox, Zbrush, Maya)
- compositing (Adobe after effects, Nuke)
- 3D/2D camera/object tracking (Adobe after effects, Pixel Farm Tracker, boujou, Adobe AE Mocha)
- 3D-physical systems and plugins like fluids, fire, fabric and rigid bodys (fumefx, realflow, rayfire, massfx, craftsudio, Vue, particle flow)
- lighting (Autodesk 3D Studio Max, Vue)
- architecture modeling (Autodesk 3D Studio Max)
- 3D modeling from pictures or real objects
- 3D scan (kinect developer kit, scenect, ReconstructMeQt)
- optical motion capturing (iPiMocapStudio)
- photographing (for HDRI, backgrounds and surrounding)
- 3D-stereoscopy (Autodesk 3D Studio Max, Adobe after effects)
- cut and SFX (Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas, Goldwave, Audacity, FL Studio 10)
Additional, I love technology. So I am familiar with basics of network technology and current computer systems as well. Furthermore, I am an ambitious amateur photo-videographer.
Everytime I try to gain new knowledge and check out new techniques for better results.