Healthy gingerbread balls
(makes 8-10 balls, depending on the size)
• 3/4 cup dates
• 1/2 cup almonds
• 1/4 cup walnuts (or pecans)
• 1/4 cup of oats (preferably rolled oats)
• 2-3 tsp. honey (preferably buckwheat honey)
• 1 cm fresh ginger root
• 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp. vanilla
• pinch of both nutmeg and salt
• 2 Tbsp. water if needed
• Cocoa for coating (can be omitted)
Wash dates, pit and place in a blender along with the remaining ingredients. Process untill well mixed and smooth.
hape balls, roll in cocoa and place in refrigerator for integration of flavors (preferably overnight).
Can be stored in refregirator up for one week.